From the Manage Owners screen you can edit your owner's contact information and account settings.
Below is your Manage Owners screen. To access this screen go to Owners & Homes and select Manage Owners from the options on the left.
In the Manage Owners screen you will find a table on the left listing all of your current homes and their CiiRUS username. You can also see the total number of owners at the top.
You can use the search filter to help find specific owners and sort owners. For more information on how to manipulate CiiRUS tables click here.
On the Manage Owners screen you will see another table at the top that lists all the homes belonging to the select owner.
Here you will be able to see the property name, the property ID, and the property's address.
Changing Owner Details
Over to the right of the Owners Table you will find a series of collapsible panels where you can enter the selected owners personal information as well as adjust settings for the owner's account.
In the Contact Details panel you can add the owners name, mailing address, and contact information. You can even include the owners website domain and name that the owner's check should me made to (Note: this field is important if you used the CiiRUS check printing feature to pay your owners).
It is recommended that you fill out as much information about each owner as possible as the CiiRUS software will reference this data when issuing statements and emails.
In the User Settings panel you can modify the selected owners account logon settings.
(1) Username -- Here you can enter the owner's account username. It is recommended that you enter the username as First Name and Last Name with no spaces. For example: For the owner John Lester, enter JohnLester as the user name. If the user name is already being used on the network try adding a number after the name. For example: JohnLester22
(2) Reset Password -- Clicking this button will open another window where you can set the selected owner's password. It's always good practice to keep a copy of the passwords you assign to your owners.
(3) Lock User -- When the Lock User check box is enabled, the selected homeowner cannot access the owner edition, even if the homeowner has the correct user name and password. If your owner ever has trouble logging in, first verify that this option is disabled.
The Applications Settings panel determines the features that the owner has available when they sign in to their owner account. The selectable options are summarized below:
(1) Website Manager -- When this check box is enabled the owner can create and update the owner's personal website. Ciirus provides fully customizable website for every homeowner. We make the websites available to the property manager and the property manager will decide to make the website available to the owner or to retain the website.
(2) Property Details -- When this check box is enabled the owner can add work orders, view and update inventory, view print and export monthly and annual owner statements.
(3) Bookings Manager -- When this check box is enabled, the owner can view the availability calendar, view management company bookings (restricted data access), and add/edit owner bookings.
(4) Quotes Manager -- When this check box is enabled, the owner can create a rate set to use for the personal web site, update the information that determine pricing and create quotes.
In the Other Settings panel you can edit the selected owner's tax and accounting settings.
(1) Tax Ref / SSN -- Here you can enter the owner's tax reference ID or Social Security Number. The reference number entered in this field will be used by the CiiRUS software to populate certain tax and accounting reports.
(2) Owner Account Currency -- The option selected from this drop down list will determine the currency the owner will see on the owner statement and recalculate the financial figures accordingly.
(3) Allow owner to see owner amount against bookings? -- This setting will determine if the owner will see the amount owed to the homeowner for any reservations made by the management company. When set to default, it will use the global setting set in Booking Settings under the Bookings tab (click here to read more). When set to Allow the amount will be displayed. When set to Don't Allow the amount will not be displayed.
Add a Property for an Owner
To add a new property for one of your owners, or add an new owner and property simultaneously, click on the Add Property button.
Clicking this button will open the Add Property Wizard which provides you with a walk through of the steps to add a new property (or a new owner with a new property). To read more about the Add Property Wizard and creating new properties, click here.
Send Welcome Email
To send an owner a Welcome Email, first select the owner you would like to email then click on the Send Welcome Email button.
This will send an email to the selected owner with details of their username,password, and the links necessary for the owner to download and use the CiiRUS Property Manager software.
Note: This email is generated from a standardized template that cannot be modified.
If you have an owner that you are no longer managing properties for, you can remove the owner from your account by clicking on the Remove Owner button.
After clicking the button a window will appear asking you to confirm your selection. Read this window carefully as it will inform you of how your account will be affected.
Click Yes on this window to confirm removal of the selected owner.