Processing Credit Card Payment:
If credit card services are enabled and online bookings is turned on for the property, then payments made via the online booking system or take payment screen in the Total Booking Summary will be displayed in the Credit Card processing screen. At this point the card has not been processed, however a message has been sent to the guest acknowledging the transaction. The list of non processed transactions will display the Status as Pending.
If your account has been configured to process in real-time via a compatible gateway then the Take Payment button will appear in order to process the selected transaction. If using an alternative processor then the transaction must be first processed externally, then click either the Approved button or the Declined button.
To access the Card Payments screen click:
- Reservations & Quoting
- Credit Card Processing
- Card Payments
Credit Card Processing Screen
- The filter section, will allow you to refine your search by the rules set above.
- Once payment status is taken for a reservation, you can view booking identification number, assign payment directly to the reservation, view the Total Booking Summary of the reservation, print or delete the transaction
- Date the payment was submitted
- Guest / Owners name
- Payment Status - this can be on of two states either Pending, indicating the p[ayment has not been processed or Payment Taken indicating that the payment has been processed
- Type - Security Deposit or Rental Payment
- The Type of account
- View the last 4 of Guest / Owner’s credit card number for verification purposes
- Once payment is taken and assigned to the reservation, a check mark will appear to indicate payment was applied to the reservation, this can avoid double entry
- Once payment is taken and assigned to the owners account, a check mark will appear to indicate payment was applied to the owners statement, this can avoid double entry
- If the Gateway has been configured and enabled, press the Take Payment button to process the card. The software will communicate with your processor to obtain an Authorize or Decline. If using an alternative processor then the transaction must be first processed externally, and if the transaction is approved, then press either the Approved button and this will update the status
- If using an alternative processor, then the transaction must be first processed externally. If the transaction has been declined, press the Declined button
- Authorize Only is sometimes used for security deposits. This places a hold on an amount for a period of time. The period of time allowed is regulated by your card processor
- Refunded - The system does not directly process refunds. All refunds (even if using a compatible gateway) must be processed manually via your external online terminal, swipe machine or by calling your card processor. Once you have obtained an authorized refund, press the Refund button to update the status.
- Add a comment to the transaction
Sending a Transaction to the Owner Account
A transaction can be added to the reservation and/or the owner account.
- Enter Guest Payment to Booking
- Enter in to Owner Account
- Deduct card Fees - If the management company deducts card fees from the owner (service charge), the amount specified in the Payment Options tab for the card type (visa, mastercard or other) will be debited from the owner account and displayed as a separate line
- Date to Enter in to Account - Today, Guest Arrival date, Guest Departure Date, Other
- Date to Enter in to Account - Select a date
- Description - for the transaction
- Transaction amount to be sent to the owner account
- Click to Process the transaction