How to Configure Properties from your Suppliers
Please read this article, if you are an Agent looking to clone supplied units into your account.
Once you as Agent and the Supplier have established agreements and rules and CiiRUS has connected you and your Suppliers account, you are ready to go live and place bookings.
To clone units into your account, please go to:
- Reservations & Quoting
- Click on the (Configure properties from your suppliers) tab.
All the units that the supplier has configured and enabled for your account will appear here in the table below highlighted in red.
The Table displays:
- The Property name
- The Parent Property ID which is exactly how it appears in the Suppliers account for your reference,
- If the supplier has allowed you as the agent to clone each unit,
- The Child PID once you have cloned the unit into your account.
- If the Allow Clone for Calendar Sync box is checked, you are ready to clone the unit into your account.
Create CalendarSync Child
The next step is to assign the unit to an owner in the system. For your reference we recommend that you enter the Suppliers name and email address as your Point of Contact if you have any questions
To do so:
- Select a unit
- Click on Create CalendarSync Child.
- Select an Owner from the Dropdown List
- Enter a name for the Property
- Check this box if you always want to use images, that have been saved and set in the suppliers account. (Note:) This setting can not be reverted. If you are not sure what to do, leave this box unchecked, as you can always Sync the images after the fact.
- Click Clone
Create a New Owner in "CalendarSync Child Property"
If you do not have a management company, or the supplier set up as an owner in your account, go ahead and create an new owner:
- Click on Create New Owner
- Enter the suppliers First and Last Name
- Enter their email address
- You must enter a User Name and a Password (These are required fields, so make sure to enter a username and password, as some management companies may not necessarily login, as they have their own Ciirus system.)
- Click on Create Owner
- Enter a name for this property. (We also recommend that in parenthesis, you enter the supplier name for your reference.
- Check this box if you always want to use images, that have been saved and set in the suppliers account. Note: This setting can not be reverted. If you are not sure what to do, leave this box unchecked, as you can always Sync the images after the fact.
- Then Click Clone
- Click OK (The new property will be added in to your system with your child property ID)
Once the unit is cloned and if configured correctly, the system will automatically pull in the nightly floor rates, property descriptions, images, title and bullet points, terms and conditions, and quote settings.
Apply Markup to Nightly Floor Rates
The next step is to apply your mark up to the nightly floor rates.
To do so:
- Select the Cloned unit using the Property Drop Down Chooser. You’ll notice that cloned units appear in red as an indication of a cloned property, whereas native units appear in black.
- Go to Reservations and Quoting
- Edit Rates
- Click on the Assign Rate Sets to Properties tab to see if the nightly floor rates were imported and assigned to the unit. Once confirmed
- Select the Rate Sets tab to view the rates applied by the Supplier.
- Click on the Rate Set Drop Down menu and select your imported rate set. From there, you will be able to apply, your your Markup.
Add a Percentage, or Fixed Markup to you defined Floor Rate
Check if your Settings have been Applied
The next step is to make sure the images, descriptions, and quote settings have been imported and applied by the system.
To check the images by going to:
- Owners and Homes
- Image Gallery
- As you can see below, the Image Gallery is disabled. This is because when we Created a New Owner in CalendarSync Child Property (example above) we checked the (Always Use Images From Master) button, however, we can check if the images are present on your website in the next step.
Check that images have uploaded to your Website
Check that Descriptions have been imported
To do so:
- Select the Cloned Unit from the Property Dropdown Chooser
- Owners and Homes
- You can now check under Title/ Bullet points,
- Plain Text Description and
- Plain Text Location tabs, to see if the information has been pulled in.
Note: The property Listing Template, will not be copied from the suppliers account. The Template set in the agents account will remain the same.
Check that Quote Settings have been Applied
As you can see below,
- Currency / Tax settings,
- House Keeping fees and
- Pool Heating fees have automatically been applied.
Once you create booking, the system will apply Cleaning, or Pool Heating fees, based on the quote settings set by the supplier.
Once you have completed these 4 steps:
- Cloning the Unit
- Assigning the unit to an owner
- Applying the Markup to the Nightly Floor Rates and
- Verifying that Images, Descriptions and Quote Settings were imported successfully.
You are ready to place bookings, which will appear in the suppliers account in real time.
How to Update Rates Made by the Supplier
Once a supplier has updated Nightly Floor Rates and, or Seasons, your system will send an email notification to you as the agent, of the specific changes made to the Nightly Floor rates and , or Date Bands.
Once you have received the system generated email, Go To:
- Reservations and Quoting
- Edite Rates, then click on the
- Edit Rates Tab, to update the Rate Set
The first step, is to delete the Rate Set that has been updated by the supplier. To do so:
- Locate the Rate Set using the Propery Drop Down Chooser
- Click Delete Set
Assign Rates to Properties
Now that you have deleted the Rate Set that has been updated, go to:
- Assign Rates to Properties to import the updated Rates.
- Get Rates from Master button at the bottom of the Ciirus interface
After confirming Yes when the pop up apears, the system will have imported the updated Rates that are set in the suppliers account.
Applying your Markup
- Click on Rate Sets
- Select the imported Rate Sets, for the Child Property ID
- At the bottom of the Screen, click on Markup
- Enter a Percentage amount, or a Fixed amount
- Then click Apply
- Press Yes to Confirm
Please remember to click the SAVE button in the top right of the Ciirus interface, for any changes made to appear on your Website.