CiiRUS connects your inventory directly to the HomeAway network via 2-way API feed, meaning that your listings’ essential data, such as descriptions, rates, images, features, terms, and calendar are pushed out to HomeAway in real-time. Your CiiRUS account will then be automatically updated when a new reservation or inquiry is placed by HomeAway.
One of the largest suppliers of inventory to the HomeAway network, CiiRUS often spearheads many of the HomeAway pilot programs and new features, giving you ample opportunity to stay ahead of the curve and on top of the competition. The HomeAway feed from CiiRUS produces tens of millions of dollars each year for our customer base.
HomeAway Sync Information Video
Steps on How to Sync and List your Properties on HomeAway
Activating the connection between CiiRUS and HomeAway.com is a simple process.
Please go to:
- Reservations & Quoting and then
- Select Channel Manager.
- HomeAway appears in the first tab. In order to enable HomeAway as channel partner in CiiRUS,
- Check the box that states "Enable HomeAway Sync?".
After enabling the Sync, please contact HomeAway to setup an account. Please make note of your User ID as Homeaway will ask for this when creating your account. Once you supplied your User ID, HomeAway will set your account and listing preferences (including subscription levels and bundles), so that you can begin the activation and syncing process.
Components that must be configured before Syncing each Property
Before syncing, each property must be correctly configured to ensure that all listings meet quality standards.
The Property set up will have four settings:
- Property Features and Images
- Enabling the Feed
We will review each of these components in detail next.
General Rate Settings
Once the settings are applied, you are free to begin building your rate set. To create a rate set,
- Click on New Set, enter description name, for example, Dolphin Way HomeAway Rates >
- Click Add
Add Date Band
Description (Title and Headline)
Plain Text Description
- Enter the Plain Text Description which is a description of the property. The Plain Text Description must be a minimum of 400 characters.
- Press Save and Close
HTML descriptions are not supported
Terms & Conditions
To enter Terms and Conditions, go to Reservations and Quoting > Quote Settings
- Select the Terms and Conditions tab <then either>
- Select a Terms and Conditions template from the left menu<OR>
- Press the Add button to create a New one
- If you are creating a new Terms and conditions Template, enter the Terms and Conditions in to the 3 white panels located under the Plain Text Setting section of the screen.
HTML descriptions are not supported here
The HomeAway Mappings Property Features only apply to the selected property.
Once you have populated each property with rates, descriptions, terms and conditions, property images and features, you are ready to
- Specify the correct Rate Set
- Specify the correct Description Set
- Specify the correct Terms & Conditions Set and then
- Sync each unit to HomeAway
The activation process is now complete!
Settings that Sync to HomeAway
You must configure the Quote Settings for each property in your system. Most of the Quote Settings are supported and sync over to HomeAway. Specifically, the settings listed below:
- Cleaning Fee
- Booking Fee
- Balance Payment
- Down Payment
- Online Booking Settings
- In addition to Quote Settings, Mandatory Cart Extras will also sync over to HomeAway
Required Fields for Properties Syncing to HomeAway
Here is a helpful chart of the required fields that you must fill in in order to successfully sync your properties to HomeAway. This chart displays where the fields are located within your CiiRUS account and how they reflect on HomeAway