The accounting module is integrated with QuickBooks through a real time connection.
This is designed to eliminate double entry, as double entry increases the chances of human error. Ultimately saving time and becoming more efficient with reconciling your finances.
This integration will sync selected transactions that have been processed in our CiiRUS account, including accounts payables and accounts receivables.
Just like processing owner statements and tax reports, it is very easy to connect your CiiRUS account to your QuickBooks accounts.
Currently, CiiRUS is compatible with any Desktop Version of QuickBooks.
There are three steps you will need to complete in order to successfully connect your CiiRUS system to your QuickBooks Software.
They are the Chart of Accounts, Owners, and Vendors. These items must be configured to their full entirety in order to correctly export all bill payments, owner payments, and rental payments to the QuickBooks bank account of your choosing.
Lets get started with the connection.
Connecting CiiRUS to QuickBooks
In order to establish the connection, run QuickBooks and open your company file.
Always make sure QuickBooks is running on your PC and the company account file is open.
In QuickBooks, create a Vendor Type called ‘Owner’
(Lists > Customer & Vendor Profile Lists > Vendor Type List > Vendor Type > New Vendor Type > Owner > OK to Save)
In Ciirus, go to:
- Accounting Functions
- Settings’ tab.
- Enter the Start Date that you started using the QuickBooks Module. This prevents deposits before that date, from showing up for exporting to QuickBooks.
- Remote Connector: The remote connector allows you or others to connect to a QuickBooks company file on a remote computer. To connect to a remote PC, select ‘Use Remote Connector’.
- If you are using the remote connector, enter the username, password, URL and Port. These settings are configured on the remote PC using the remote connector configuration. Make sure the port number specified is allowed through the firewall on the remote PC.
- If you have Quickbooks up and running, then click the ‘Connect to QB’ button, and you will see a security prompt from QB, to allow CiiRUS to access the data file. Select the option to ‘Always allow even when QuickBooks is not running’. If you are using the Remote Connector then this prompt will appear on the remote PC running QuickBooks.
- You will see a security prompt window from Quickbooks, to allow Ciirus to access the data file.
- When this window appears, select the option to Yes, always; allow access even if QuickBooks is not running. If you are using the Remote Connector, then this security prompt will appear on the remote pc running QuickBooks.
Testing the Connection
If Ciirus and QuickBooks are up and running at the same time then the connection is successful.
QuickBooks Bank Account
Create standard QuickBooks Items
You must create certain standard items in QuickBooks, which call be done automatically using the ‘Create QuickBooks Items’ option. You only need to do this once before you start to use the QuickBooks Module.
Make sure QuickBooks is running with the correct company file open (and if applicable, the Remote Connector is configured and operational).
Check each applicable box and then click Create.
- Customer called ‘Customer'All deposits from guests will be assigned to this customer in QuickBooks
- Vendor called ‘Owner’This is used if you select to export owner payments to a single QuickBooks vendor
- QuickBooks Accounts: Advance Deposit, Security Deposit and Payments from Owner Accounts.These are used when exporting guest and owner payments to QuickBooks. The advance deposit and security deposit accounts will automatically be configured in QB as ‘Long Term Liability’ accounts and the Payment from Owner account will be seen in QuickBooks, as ‘Income’ account.
- Payment Types: Card, Wire and Other. These are used when exporting guest payments to QuickBooks.
- After checking each box, click on Create
Mapping Owner Account Categories to QuickBooks Chart of Accounts
For each owner account category in Ciirus, you must map to the corresponding QuickBooks Chart of Accounts.
To do so,
- Click the Configure button.
- You will see a new window listing all the CiiRUS owner account categories.
- For each owner account category, choose the corresponding QuickBooks chart of account in the column to the right, assuming you have already set up the chart of accounts in QuickBooks.
Create QuickBooks accounts for Individual categories
Configuring Contacts as Vendors: Export owner payments (To a Single QuickBooks Vendor)
When exporting owner payments from CiiRUS to QuickBooks, you can either export all payments to a single QuickBooks vendor regardless of who the owner is, or you can create a matching vendor in QuickBooks for each owner in CiiRUS.
- Click on this button to select the "To a Single QuickBooks Vendor" option.
- In CiiRUS, use this drop-down menu to choose the owner created in QuickBooks. If you've recently added the owner in QuickBooks,
- To refresh this list, click on "Connect to QB"
Configuring Contacts as Vendors: Export owner payments (To matching QuickBooks vendor)
In this mode, you must have vendors set up for each owner in CiiRUS.
CiiRUS can create owners as vendors to your QuickBooks software. In CiiRUS you can create owners as vendors to export to QuickBooks by going to:
- Owners and Homes
- Manage Owners
- Select or highlight the owner
- Click on Export to QuickBooks. This way you do not have to enter the owner twice.
Once the owner is entered into CiiRUS, it can be exported to QuickBooks to eliminate double entry. At any time in the future when you add a new owner, make sure you use the Export to QuickBooks option for that new owner.
Configuring Contacts as Vendors
For each vendor in your CiiRUS account, you must create and link to a matching vendor in QuickBooks.
To do so, go to:
- Management Company
- For each contact that is a vendor, click the ‘Show as Vendor’ check box,
- Enter who the ‘Check is payable to’,
- Specify the Category,
- Specify the Sub Category
- Specify the Owner Account Category.
- Click Save.
QuickBooks Link Tab
Once the above has been completed,
- Click the ‘QuickBooks Link’ tab. This will show you a list of all your contacts that are configured as vendors.
- IN the ‘QB Vendor’ column, select the matching QuickBooks vendor for each contact.
If you do not have a vendor created in QuickBooks
If you already have all of your vendors created in QuickBooks
Once you have mapped the Chart of Accounts, Owners, and Contacts as vendors. You have successfully completed the configuration process.
Now you can begin to Export Checks, Bill payments, and Deposits.
To do so, go to:
- Accounting Functions
- Select the Exports tab.
Checks / Bill Payments
To export any type of bill or utility payment processed in CiiRUS, click on:
- Checks / Bill Payments tab. This table will display the date the check was paid, vendor, check or reference number, method of payment, and the amount.
- Select which checks you would like to export to Quickbooks.
- Click Export
Once the export has completed, the payments will appear on the Check Register of the QuickBooks Bank Account of your choosing. Once you double click on the transaction, all entered details will appear.
QuickBooks Check Register
QuickBooks Operations Account
- Once you double click on the transaction,
- All entered details will appear.
To export owner payments or rental payments, click on:
- Deposits tab.
- This table will display All receivables, Date Payment was Processed, Name of Guest or Owner, Type of Account, Amount, Payment Type, and Method of Payment.
- Select which items you would like to export to the QB bank account of your choosing,
- Then click Export. Once complete.