How to Configure the Integrated Navigation Menu
The navigation can be set in one of two modes:
1. Using the integrated navigation menu (this lesson).
2. Creating a custom Navigation (see advanced settings).
The following features can be set and edited for the integrated Navigation:
- Â Â Button names
- Â Â Button viability
- Â Â Assign custom web pages to navigation buttons
- Â Â Allow custom pages to appear in a new browser window
- Â Â Location of the navigation (top or right)
- Â Â If the menu is to appear above the top web banner
- Â Â Menu Height
- Â Â Text colors
To Access the Top Menu Settings
Top Menu Settings
- The internal page name
- Set if the menu item is to be visible (or un check if the button should not appear in the navigation)
- The label is the name that will appear on the menu button
- If you have created custom web pages, then these pages can be assigned to a menu
- Check if you would like the web page to appear in a new browser window (or tab) when the menu button is pressed
The custom web page must already exist before it can be selected as a menu option. Custom web pages can be created:
Website and Marketing > Custom Web Pages
Linking to an external web site
Menu Type, Position and Text Colors
To Access the Menu Configuration Screen:
Website and marketing > General settings > Advanced settings > General
- Sets the page width of the web site.
- If item 7 is set to left, the navigation will appear in a column on the left side of the the web page. This feature will set the left padding in pixels between the left edge of the screen and the start of the menu.
- The width of the main column containing the navigation.
- If item 7 is set to left, the navigation will appear in a column on the left side of the the web page. This feature will set the right padding in pixels between the right edge of the menu and the start of the main content window.
- The total width of the web page.
- Sets the navigation menu to appear at the top of the page.
- Sets the navigation menu to appear at the left side of the page.
- Sets the menu to appear above the web banner when the menu location is set to Top (6)
- Hides the top banner and footer banner. This is sometimes used to embed the entire main content in to an external website as an iframe or for a non branded situation.
- Displays the Pool Heat option on the date picker (only applies when located at top).
- Sets the Property Chooser to not display on the site at all ( this is a drop down control that allows a user to see all properties on the website and jump directly to the property listing page for a specific property).
- This shows the property chooser on the home page only.
- This shows the property chooser on all pages.
- Sets the Date picker to None.
- Sets the Date picker to Top.
- Sets the Date picker to Left.
- For the price filter, for sites that have it, this sets the minimum price range to display. This is over ridden by the range of the returned quotes for exact pricing when dates are passed
- For the price filter, this sets the maximum range to display a s default. Same as 17 but max.
- Sets the menu height (pixels).
- Sets additional space below the menu (pixels).
- The âTop Horizontal Spacer Row Heightâ specifies the number of pixels between the bottom of the menu container and any object that appear below the menu container.
- If not overridden on a site by CSS, this sets the back ground color of the site.
- If not over ridden by CSS, this sets the back ground color of the page header.
- The section of the site that shows the selected property, if enabled, sets this sections background color.
- If not overridden by CSS, this sets the background color for the siteâs main body container.
- Sets the color of the menu text on the Normal state.
- Sets the color of the menu text on the Hover state.
- Sets the color of the menu text on the Selected state.
- Page border color.
- Page border width. Set this to 0 if no border is required.
- This enables the user for multi agent logins. This is only applicable if the current user account is a website login, if so, this will allow other agent users with a website login account connected via SuperSites to login as an agent of the site via this agent siteâs login facility.