Sort Order / Search Filters
The tables in CiiRUS allow you to sort information and search for specific records. This is very useful for tables that contain a lot of information.
You can sort the rows in a table, ascending or descending, based on category.
Look below at the Bookings Manager table. Right now, we have selected the Name category to sort our information.
Changing Sort Order
To change the sort oder of a particular category, click on the column head to toggle ascending or descending order.
- Arrow pointed up indicates an ascending order, where smaller or earlier values will be listed first at the top of the table.
- Arrow pointed down indicates a descending order, where larger or later values are listed first at the top.
Search filters are the black spaces right below the column head.
We will call them search filters because they perform two functions at the same time.
- They allow you to enter in specific information that you wish to find: search
- They eliminate any entries from the table view that don't mach what was entered into the space: filter
Finding information with a search filter
The table above is overpopulated with entries. We wish to find A. Jonson's booking information:
- Click inside the search filter box under "Name."
- Begin typing "Jonson" into the field.
Notice as you type 'J' -- 'o' -- 'n' into the field, the list will only show names that containing those letters (order does matter), eliminating the rest.